Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The Run-Up

I don't usually do plugs, but this is a particularly interesting one.

In one of its recent features, the BBC has put together a little panel of reviewers for their take on the Academy Awards hopefuls this year. These six panelists come from various corners of the globe, and were chosen from a wide field of international applicants; They may not necessarily be experienced writers, but they're definitely film fans who have an appreciation for last year's crop of movies.

The panel only has one Asian reviewer among them, however, and it happens to be Ailee Lim, she of Ailee Through the Looking Glass fame. Ailee's been casting a critical look at recent releases on her blog for a while now, and I have no doubt that she's qualified to judge potential Oscar winners from the BBC's standpoint. :)

In any event, the first of her articles is up here. I recommend that you read her, that you like her, and that you pity her for the strain of having to watch multiple movies in such a short span of time -- this year's Oscar race has quite a few contenders, after all.

Afterwards, I suppose, you can probably go home and envy her job.

Right, Ailee? :)

2 comments:

Dom Cimafranca said...

Wow! A-lister!

Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Thanks so much for the plug! =D

This Oscars panel gig is turning out to be tougher than I expected. I'd forgotten the pressure of writing under a deadline. And I've got humongous eyebags from staying up 'til 2AM watching DVDs on my laptop. :p If only they were sending us to the Awards for our troubles, but that's just wishful thinking. I'll have to meet Brad Pitt some other way...