Saturday, July 21, 2007

Down in the Depths

I'm depressed right now.

It's not business-related or work-related at all. It's more personal than anything else, and it's not the sort of thing that you place on your blog. I'll just leave it at that.

You won't be seeing much in the way of personal posts here for a while. Normally I would have something up here about an event that happened on my way home, or something about my constant problems with modern technology, or something about games that few people on earth could possibly understand. As it is, I'm not in the mood to talk about anything funny, or anything technical, or anything fun. I'm just depressed, that's all.

I still write whenever I'm depressed. It helps somehow, especially when you're writing fiction. That way, you get to release all those little doubts floating around your head and lay everything down on a single metaphorical scrap of paper. It doesn't fully banish those demons -- I mean, nothing can and nothing will -- but at least it makes the memory a little easier to bear.

So you'll probably see a lot more literary stuff here in the near future. I'll still try to make my self-imposed deadlines, and I'll still answer peoples' comments as much as I can... but my mind will be a lot less scattered over the next few weeks at least. It's not that I don't feel like writing; It's more of the fact that this is one of the few ways I have to bounce back.

I'm depressed right now. You don't ask why, and I don't tell.

I apologize.

9 comments:

.. said...

Hey Sean,remember that old saying "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade"..well i do hope you feel better soon...besides lemonade is too sour...

Dom Cimafranca said...

Hey, bud, don't be depressed. Okay, so these are things you can't help, so...be depressed. But only for a while. Make sure you bounce back.

Charles said...

Take care.

Sean said...

Anton: In this case, life gave me a few harsh lessons (as opposed to a bunch of lemons). It's become a question of exactly what I make with them now.

Dominique: Er... thanks. I think.

Charles: You too. Don't worry about your post count too much; It's okay.

kyutbabe said...

I get the blues too, more often than I want to. Just think of it this way, "Life sucks, and then you die." Not a very comforting thought eh? I know, I'll just leave you with some words from the late, great, Winston Churchill:

"If you're going through hell, keep going."

Anonymous said...

Hey, you know what always cheers me up? That beam toothpaste theme song!
B-E-A-M means smile :D SMILE! kami pag-beam...
I'm smiling already! :) Try mo kahit hum lang! ;) Hehe.

Sean said...

Kyutbabe: I'm past the "Life sucks, and then you die" phase, I think. I'm probably hovering around the "Life sucks, and then you still have housework to do" phase now.

As for Churchill, I've always preferred his "blood, toil, tears and sweat" quotation...

Ida: Somehow I wasn't expecting a toothpaste jingle to show up among these comments... :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, well you know, life gives you lemons when you least expect them. (What?!!)

Sean said...

Ida: Somehow you'd expect life to at least try and give you something more helpful. :)