Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Food, Glorious Food

I just finished up my most recent freelance assignment, which involved interviewing an up-and-coming restaurateur over a complimentary dinner. My article's supposed to extoll the virtues of his nice Italian restaurant for an advertisement, and it's due tomorrow. The catch is that I've got a busy workday planned, and so I had to finish the entire eight-hundred-word article tonight. (It took me a grand total of three hours, if anyone's curious enough to ask.)

My publisher agreement prevents me from posting the article here, so you'll have to pick up the magazine if you want to see my work. (It remains to be seen, however, as to whether or not I'll tell anyone its name.) What I will do, however, is take a page from the foodie blogs and write about the experience of trying out a new restaurant under the auspices of its owner. It's a nice place, mind you, so I was going to recommend it to a few people anyway. This way, everyone gets an idea of what I'm talking about.

For now, though... it's two in the morning already, and I've spent the last three hours doing nothing but writing, surfing the Net for inspiration, and clutching at a rapid rundown of ideas. It's time for me to sleep.

Zzzzzz.

No comments: