Saturday, September 08, 2007

Fiction: Tech Support

(A note from the author:)

Twenty-two hours after I originally posted this short story, I received a request to have it optioned for publication. Given this arrangement, I feel that it would be disadvantageous to the publisher if this work was still available online. I have therefore removed it from availability.

I take this moment to apologize to anyone who expected something to read here, and I fully intend to make up for it with further works. In the meantime, I thank everyone who managed to catch the story during its brief stint online.

Regards,
Sean

12 comments:

.. said...

Wow. that was something. good story

Sean said...

Anton: Thank you, Anton. I'm glad that you enjoyed it. :)

Sean said...

I've just edited the above post to reflect my decision to send "Tech Support" for publication. Again, I offer my apologies to anyone who missed it, although you'll probably see it in print very soon.

Charles said...

Congrats. Do let us know soon in which publication it'll make its premiere. I guess publishers soliciting material from something you've written is better than submitting it and hoping it gets accepted.

Ailee Through the Looking Glass said...

Darn, missed it by 2 days. :) But I'm happy for you. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Consider this comment an echo to the comments of charles and ailee through the looking glass. :) Ahehe ang tamad ko :P

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! =)
I wasn't able to catch it online though =( Well, do let us know immediately when it will get published ;)

Sean said...

Charles, Ailee, Ida, Clair: Thanks. I didn't expect it to get picked up like this, though -- I just noticed that I hadn't written any short fiction here for a while, and I wanted to fill the gap.

Ah, well. I suppose that I shouldn't be complaining. :)

Anonymous said...

Don't complain :P I am happy for you and envy you at the same time. I haven't written fiction in ages!

Sean said...

Clair: Same here... more incentive for us to write, then. :)

Anonymous said...

too bad i wasn't able to read the story while it was online. :(

in what publication will the story be published?

Sean said...

Anonymous: Hi, Anonymous. The story is expected to come out next year, although the publication has asked me to keep its identity under wraps for the meantime. If they choose to release it back to me, I'll put it back up online.