Sunday, April 22, 2007

Bridging the Gap

It seems that I've somehow skipped a whole week of blogging.

No, I haven't given up the chase. It just so happened that I ran into a schedule of seven straight whole-day meetings; I'm not even done with the whole series just yet. Add that to the summer tournament schedule, the freelance projects, and the fact that I've been having a lot of dinners outside lately... and you'll see why I'm usually dog tired by the time I get back home every night.

I'm currently considering the suggestion that I simply write down my blog posts on paper or Microsoft Word, then transfer them in the fifteen minutes I have in front of the desktop computer. The problem with such an arrangement, however, lies in the fact that I'd literally be pumping out multiple articles at a single time: I feel that that would be a little inconvenient for an audience that normally expects one article every three days or so.

Another alternative would involve writing shorter posts. The problem with this one is that I usually don't know how long these things turn out. Sometimes they do turn out shorter than expected, yes, but other times they tend to use far more words than humanity has ever invented. Sometimes I don't write the posts; Sometimes the posts write me.

Whatever the case, I'm going to have to do something about this soon. I've still got at least four more months of heavy work coming. I'd rather not end up missing any more opportunities to write.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How about directly posting on Blogger? Just quick snippets ;)

Sean said...

Clair: Ironically, I am posting directly on Blogger. And to be honest, I find myself psychologically incapable of posting quick snippets. :)

Dom Cimafranca said...

Seven straight whole-day meetings?! How do you get any work done?

Sean said...

Dominique: Interestingly enough, it seems that that is my work. :)