Monday, September 15, 2008

Backs to the Wall

Nope, no posts this weekend. I've been working on a couple of things.

First, the deadline for Dean Alfar's anthology happens to be at midnight on the 15th. I've got three drafts in the wastebasket so far, and I'm 700 words into a fourth draft at three in the morning. I'm going to get some sleep right now and see if I can sneak some further writing before the clock strikes twelve tomorrow night.

Second, I've had to make some edits to "Tech Support", which is expected to come out sometime within the next few months. The result involves what is hopefully a more streamlined story; I've had to add half a page worth of exposition in order to smooth out the plot, and I'm discussing a name change for one of the characters on top of that. But the story is coming out in print, and that's what's important. Let's hope that it lives up to the hype.

Third, there's the Fully Booked deadline on September 30th. But that's at least a couple more weeks away, and I'll worry about it after I finish worrying about the first two.

Yes, September is a bad month for us people who like to cram. Too bad this sort of thing only happens once a year.

No comments: