Thursday, March 10, 2005

Thoughts From the Back of My Head

I love plot twists. You know, those things that shock you out of your skin just as you're settling comfortably into the confines of a story? I love those.

While angst-filled, rant-based blog entries are readable, I have to say that they don't do anything for me. Maybe they provide some nice insight into human emotion, but sometimes they highlight those parts of the soul that I'd rather not see.

Maybe I should include my design notes for the puzzles along with their solutions tomorrow. That way, anybody could read through them and find a way to frustrate solvers even more.

Writing characters for a computer game feels good. Seeing those characters brought to life by animators and scripters looks even better. But finding out that some people are cosplaying the very characters you created? My jury's still out on how that feels.

I haven't been able to find a copy of Cast's 4th issue yet. If it's delayed any more, I'm going to lose interest in the series.

Tekken 5 is out. I don't play Tekken, mind you. I just know that it's out.

Given ninjas, zombies, and giant robots, how can I fit these three discrete elements into a single story? Can I possibly make it a romance comedy? Will it win the Oscar for Best Picture someday?

Geez, I need a shave.

No comments: