Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The Good, the Bad, and the Internet

The cable internet connection should be up now, although I'm starting to run into a bunch of problems that beset first-time setups. The major issue I've got at the moment is that I'm running at a speed comparable to that of my old dial-up connection, and I'll raise the point when I contact iCable tomorrow morning.

I mention the above concerns because they're affecting strange portions of my Internet life: My connection currently encounters problems when loading blogs, pop-up windows, or even icons for that matter. In fact, this happens to be my third attempt at a blog post today, and I'm doing this without the benefit of Blogger's "Preview" feature, to boot. Commenting on peoples' entries is more a chore than anything else tonight, seeing as I can't even see the word-verification requirements.

This thing will probably lift within the next few days, though. I've actually gone through three or four similar episodes during my work life, so I can most likely hoof it for a while. These problems had better clear up, however, or else I'm going to be stuck paying three times the amount for the same measure of speed... and that's not considering the government's Value-Added Tax that's kicking me in the shins.

No comments: