Saturday, March 22, 2008

Hey! What Happened to My Internet?

With less than fifteen minutes left on my clock at the local Internet café, I've got just enough time for a few words.

First of all, I'm still alive. Thanks for noticing. :)

Second, my home Internet connection decided to conk out yesterday. The cable company tells me that they're doing some preventive maintenance in my area (to which I mentioned, "But the problem's already here!"), and they weren't quite done as of press time. So now I'm lazy, tired, hungry and utterly bored, which probably makes me the most dangerous person in the word.

Third, you'll notice that the PinoyTopBlogs medallion on the lower part of the sidebar has been replaced by something called "TopBlogs". I have not idea what happened here, or if Abe Olandres is still running things, but I renewed the link anyway just so that the sidebar could be kept nice and neat. As of this writing, I'm number 71 on a list of personal blogs, which means that I'm probably number 5,632 on an ever-growing list of Philippine blogs. Sadly, not all of the blogs that I see on the TopBlogs list can be considered "true" blogs -- a lot of them seem to be geared towards advertising, the service industry, and the promotional attempts of several TV shows. Sometimes I wonder if this top blogs thing is really going to work out or not. I might as well ask around...

Fourth, my time is running out. I know that I write extremely slow for a guy who's been doing this schtick for the last sixteen years, but I didn't think that it was this slow.

Heh. Wouldn't be interesting to have a story written from the point of view of a character who literally has only fifteen minutes to write his narration? That would be a great transcendence between the creative and real-time sides of the equation. You'd practically be encouraging the reader to finish the story in fifteen minutes or less. :)

Three minutes, two minutes, and one. I've gotta log off...

No comments: