Monday, December 06, 2004

Pale Shadows

*Sigh*

Thirty seconds after I finally complete the Metrian story and publish it, Blogger gives me a serious error message. Maybe something went wrong with the main server. Maybe a connection got severed somewhere. Maybe the system just didn't like my writing.

Whatever the case, I found that I had lost the draft in the mad rush that followed. Left in its place was a pale shadow of an outline that I had long since tightened and glossed over.

*Sigh*

I'm never going to be able to get that story again. I've released all the pent-up effort that was supposed to have gone into its creation, and it's now nothing more than a memory in the back of my mind. It's probably floating around somewhere in the virtual world, wondering what to make of its new-found freedom.

I guess there's nothing much left to do but to try for another one. At least I can console myself with the fact that I can most likely make this one better.


No comments: