Wednesday, May 11, 2005

To Be, or Not to Be?

It has only just occurred to me that fantasy (much less the Antaria stories) might not necessarily be a reader's cup of tea, and that I might do better by serving everyone some varying doses of different genres.

On the other hand, the fantasy writing is actually more experimental than expected. I started out working with the supernatural mystery genre, and then progressed to science fiction in high school. My college and post-studies writings touch the dramatic and metaphorical genres more than anything else, so now that I think about it, this is the first time that I've actually devoted a significant amount of my time to fantasy stories.

An additional consideration would be my search for freelance writing jobs. Usually I have to reserve my more consumable stories for those, so I tend not to post them here. The publishers would probably balk at buying something that has already been made available to the general Net-wielding public, after all.

I don't want to bore anyone, though, so I'll probably put up a few vignettes from time to time. Antaria, however, should still be my staple - seeing that I like working on fantasy, and that it's currently a little too expansive to be considered as a serious property. It's still mine, though, so don't get any ideas about stealing it. :)

That said, the Tempestites are getting mighty impatient...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A metaphorical work sounds interesting. So when do you plan to post one?

Vignettes re good, as we all learned from Dean Alfar. As for me, I think it might take a while before I write another short story again. I am not very good at it but I do intend to practice. Gak... If only I don't take so much time writing creatively. I might stick with the tanaga for a while.